Saturday, June 11, 2011

I Wish I Was a Princess!

Wow! We have really enjoyed this wonderful trip to the loire valley! There are so many things to see and do, but one of my favorites is to go see the castles! They are so beautiful and the bring back memories from the old kings and queens that used to live in them. I would so love to live in a castle, I think it would be so grand to have people waiting on you and depending on you.

Photos by Emmeline:





One of my favorite castles that I would have liked to live in would be the Chenonceau castle.  My family and I have been touring and visiting lots of castles and we each have decided which one each of us would have liked to live in.  My mom and I have both decided on one castle and just like me, my mom loves the Chenonceau castle. The Chenonceau castle has a large and fancy kitchen were the cooks would cook fabulous meals and grand dinners for banquets.In the kitchen it had a huge metal stove and a fancy cutting table.  It also has a big grand hall where they used to have grand balls.  It also has many beautiful bedrooms. This particular castle is over the river and has a large moat.  It has many mazes and gardens. We had alot of fun racing through the mazes.  With the Olson kids we split up into a boys team and a girls team with the parents as our audience members.  It was a perfect dual! This castle was a present from King Henri II to his girlfriend Diane de Portier. What a lucky girlfriend!

This is my favorite!


Anthon and Audrey

The servant table.

It is just an amazing castle! It has been fun continuing taking tours of each castle that we go to.
My family and I are really happy and excited as we continue this trip in france.                          

Written by Emmeline

4 comments:

  1. I 100% agree with you!! The castles are amazing!!

    Emma (S)

    {P.S. Emme check your email!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. What breathtaking photos! Emmeline, I enjoyed reading your post and I couldn't agree with you more, how wonderful life would be as a princess! I marvel over the many grand adventures you are having in France. This is such a special experience for you and your family, one that you will never forget. I'm so grateful that you are sharing it with us. I am eager to show Maren all of the beautiful photographs you have taken. I especially love the ones of you and Grace. The castles, countryside, crossaints, France sounds like an incredible place to visit. We Houstonians are thinking of you and following your daily travels from afar--so wishing we were exploring castles with you! Keep Writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd probably take that castle on the river also. Do a little fishing, dive off the walls into the river, go water skiing. Guess my servants would have to row the boat pretty fast though to get me up on the water skis! I only need one servant though. This Grammie is amazing. She needs to be a little better about addressing me as Sir Papa though. She is not being respectful enough.
    Thanks for the great pictures and report. I love mazes too. I may have had to join the boys team, although, I'm not sure kings are aloud to do that?
    Love you, Papa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emmeline, Chenonceau was my favorite, too, when we took a trip through the Loire Valley when I was about 12! (Can't believe that was 18 years ago...) Enjoy everything!

    ReplyDelete